Northern Lights Aurora Borealis winter display:Aurora Borealis northern lights display and lots of stars in clear night sky image taken at the shore of Lake Laberge Yukon Territory Canada.
Electrically charged particles from the sun, the solar wind, get caught in Earth's magnetic field. This magnetosphere directs the particles, which are mainly protons, along its magnetic field lines to the magnetic poles of our planet. At one point, mainly in the auroral zone, the protons can reach the upper atmosphere. Charged particles interact with gas molecules such as nitrogen and oxygen. In turn they emit light. This is basically the same process that produces light in fluorescent lamps. Which are consequently also called gas discharge lamps.
But this is just a science explanation for the northern lights. It does not account in any way for the stunning beauty, dynamic and variety of Aurora borealis when its curtains of color dance over the dark night sky. No wonder the Aurora borealis got named after Aurora, the Roman goddess of dawn. Or called “Dance of the Spirits” by the Cree. Or was generally seen as a sign of God. What would you see in Northern Lights Aurora Borealis winter display?
As an independent photographer I can offer you options that are not available elsewhere:
- You can request photo file formats other than jpg files.
- License modifications can be negotiated to suit your needs.
- Often, photo variations, such as different subject angles, are available upon your request.
- Printware such as cards, canvas, etc. is generally available here or just contact me.
- I am generally available for assignments in the Yukon and/or on my travels.
- I also offer digital editing according to your specifications.
Northern Lights Aurora Borealis winter display – Stock Photo