Nice tasty ice fishing catch lingcod burbot Lota lota:Freshly caught icefishing catch on lake ice: lingcod or burbot, Lota lota.
Burbot, Lota lota, sometimes also called Lingcod, as shown on this stock photo image of Nice tasty ice fishing catch lingcod burbot Lota lota, is the only cod-like species in freshwater. Burbots have a single barbel on the chin, which is characteristic for cods. Burbots are common and wide-spread in colder waters of northern regions. Often, burbots are caught in winter while fishing through a hole in the ice cover of a frozen lake or river. The burbot is edible. Just like cod its meat is delicious deep-fried. Its roe can be used for caviar substitute. Its large liver is a valuable source of fish liver oil that is several times more potent than cod liver oil. For more info on burbots see wikipedia.
As an independent photographer I can offer you options that are not available elsewhere:
- You can request photo file formats other than jpg files.
- License modifications can be negotiated to suit your needs.
- Often, photo variations, such as different subject angles, are available upon your request.
- Printware such as cards, canvas, etc. is generally available here or just contact me.
- I am generally available for assignments in the Yukon and/or on my travels.
- I also offer digital editing according to your specifications.