Flying Yukon Territory flag Yukon River background:Wind blowing Yukon Territorial flag with Yukon River flowing in background.
This photo Flying Yukon Territory flag Yukon River background was taken in the Yukon Territory, the most north-western part of Canada [map]. Mysterious taiga and subarctic tundra, untouched wilderness, wild rivers, clear lakes, rugged mountains, bright midsummer nights with buzzing mosquitoes, strong winters with crystal clear coldness, terrific landscapes and indescribable light – all that is the Yukon (and so much more!). You either hate it or you love it, but you just can't be indifferent.
Do you like this photo: Flying Yukon Territory flag Yukon River background? Click here for more Yukon Stock Photos.
The Gwich'in first nation word Yukon means “Great River” or “Big Stream”. It was the ever famous Yukon River that the Yukon Territory was named after. Yukon history is marked by the great gold rush of 1897, which is often referred to as the world's greatest gold rush ever. Mining has been since its major industry. Still, the Yukon has “the freshness, the freedom, the farness” that poet Robert W. Service wrote about. Truly, the Yukon is “Larger than Life”, which is the current official slogan. No wonder wilderness adventure tourism flourishes.
As an independent photographer I can offer you options that are not available elsewhere:
- You can request photo file formats other than jpg files.
- License modifications can be negotiated to suit your needs.
- Often, photo variations, such as different subject angles, are available upon your request.
- Printware such as cards, canvas, etc. is generally available here or just contact me.
- I am generally available for assignments in the Yukon and/or on my travels.
- I also offer digital editing according to your specifications.